A nationwide bank with over 6,000 branches relied heavily upon television advertising to make sure their brand name was top-of-mind whenever a consumer found themselves needing the services of a financial institution.
While this approach accomplished their goal on a broad scale with consumers, what it failed to develop were those all-important relationships with local businesses.
What the bank didn’t know was that there was a product available which would empower all of their loan officers to really become top of mind and build the banks brand and marketing message for nearly eight hours per day.
The Product: The bank’s very own donut box!
Initially they resisted the idea but as they heard the facts that were presented to them, they quickly changed their minds.
- Using their own donut box encourages early morning sales calls by their own loan officers.
- Their own customized box costs far less than lunches, dinners & sporting events.
- Loan officers dropping off donuts is quick and easy.
- Their donut box sits by the coffee pot all day building their brand like a “silent salesman”.
- Food is one of the most-effective tools to develop relationships.
- Dropping off donuts buys every loan officer 20 minutes of the prospects time.
The Banks Results?
While there are stock boxes that many banks have chosen to use (see below), this bank was so happy with the results of using their own custom designed box, they’ve ordered over $100,000 in custom donut boxes for their loan officers to use and they haven’t received any bail-out money from the government.
In this economy, building business requires building relationships and our custom donut boxes can help you build those relationships one bite at a time.
Stock Designs for Banks and Financial Institutions.
Chris Morrissey is the Owner of Proforma Big Dog Branding, a premier provider of printing services and promotional products and ecommerce solutions. To reach Chris: firstname.lastname@example.org; http://www.bigdogbranding.com/.